It' been quite warm since I last posted. Well, quite warm for us here. Those of you living elsewhere probably don't think upper 70s to low 80s is hot. We've spent a lot of time outside.
This planter is one area I've tackled in the last few days. As you can see in the before picture, it was a mess. Overgrown bushes and a ton of weeds. It's amazing how quickly weeds grow.
| before |
Now when you come over, I won't be completely embarrassed when you walk up to the front door.
| after |
Mylie has a hard time just smiling for a picture. She'd rather make a silly face or pose weird. This picture was taken yesterday.
| being silly |
This morning at 9am, we had a mama deer and a baby deer in our backyard. So sweet! Mylie and I watched them for about a half an hour. Micah was still sleeping. It's a good thing he was sleeping too, because they usually run away when they hear him, he gets so excited.
| mama and baby |
| mama's eating leaves off the blackberry bushes |
This little one headed straight for the only pansy plant I have. Deer love to eat pansies.
| in the front yard now |
After a little knock on the window, my pansy was safe. That is, for now at least.
| we're looking out the front window |
I love watching young deer move about, the way they prance and hop about, you just know that they're having fun. :)
| mid prance |
After watching the deer, Mylie and I went outside. Micah was still sleeping. I let her go out in her pjs and play with bubbles while I finished the last of the weeding and trimming in the planter. After about an hour, Micah woke up and we went inside. Mylie got herself dressed while I got Micah ready to go back outside. I gave them both breakfast and then a snack to take outside. I finished cleaning up the planter and they played. By 11:30 it was hot enough to run through the sprinkler. Micah wasn't too sure, but Mylie and I had a great time!
| snack in hand, ready to go outside |
He's so cute!
| shoes on and ready to go |
These videos were taken after a wardrobe change and some lunch. Mylie is now writing her name. She first wrote it on Eric's birthday card (June 26th). She's had some practice since then and now knows how to spell it herself. Notice how she puts her finger to her chin when she thinks. Micah has now picked up this habit and sometimes when you ask him a question, he puts his finger to his chin and says "hmmm..." before he answers. It's too funny.
She writes Micah's name a lot too. She's slowly remembering how to spell it. This time she looked to me when it came to the letters C and A.
Ask Mylie to count and here's what you'll get.
If you're wondering what happened to all the pictures and videos of Micah, well he just isn't as cooperative. I really tried hard to get a video of him counting to five, but he just wouldn't. That and he wouldn't stay still. I got lots of video of him walking away and lots of pictures of the back of his head. :) Hopefully he'll be feeling more cooperative next time.




1 comment:
Yes, your yard looks lovely. Ready for company - hey that could be me!!!
But you know I don't care if there are weeds or anything - as long as you have my grandchildren there when I get there! Wished I could open the videos of Mylie - won't open here in Africa - but will watch as soon as I get back home next month. Love you FOUR - lots. Christina, I sent you an email about a someone on my facebook that did really cool desserts for her wedding instead of a cake and I thought of you and how creative you are - I sent you the link in your email. Forgot my blog account name - so I'm Anonymous for now.
Love Meema
Post a Comment