I've been meaning to post these pictures all week. Last Saturday, Mylie and I started off our day with dinosaur pancakes. I kept forgetting we had these pancake molds and then while I was mixing the ingredients for pancakes I remembered I had them. Mylie was mommy's big helper Saturday morning. She helped me count as we put the ingredients in the mixing bowl and she tried saying all of the ingredients. She loves pancakes. I think the dinosaur shapes made them even more exciting to eat.

That afternoon we went to Tante's house. (Tante is German for aunt. This is what we call Eric's Aunt Erika.) She has a very nice backyard, perfect for entertaining. We were celebrating Eric's brother's birthday (Ric) and cousin Cort's birthday. Cort turned 9 and well, Ric is Eric's older brother. Here's some of the gang hanging out before dinner.

Here's cousin Hannah keeping cool.

Uncle Steve and Cort played a game of Ringers.

I tried something new with Mylie's hair. Looks kind of like a lattice in the back and then ends in pigtails. For all of you wondering how I got her to hold still enough to try this, the answer is a graham cracker and lots of patience. I think this hairdo will work better when her hair is a little longer.

Here's Hannah and Mylie. Hannah is one year older than Mylie. They played together for a little while. Hannah is sweet and quiet and Mylie is a bit more rowdy and not very quiet.

Here's Mylie in the hammock. Her cousins Trevor and Austen as well.

She was very relaxed. She stayed there for a while. Later she wanted to get back in the hammock when she saw her Opa laying in it. Maybe we need one for our backyard.

She found a leaf.

On Sunday, I got a phone call from my friend Dani. She asked if I wanted to pick raspberries and I said yes, but doing that with a toddler would be challenging. She said she had it all worked out. She told me to go by her house, pick-up her teenage daughter, Chelsie, and then go over to her neighbor John's house. Her neighbor is very nice and has a very green thumb. I picked raspberries for quite some time while Chelsie kept an eye on Mylie. Here I am picking berries. The giant belly is somewhat hidden behind all the raspberry bushes.

Here's a picture of Mylie from my point of view. John's front yard is park like, golf course quality. So pretty and green you almost hate to step on it.

These pictures don't do the size of the raspberries justice. They aren't like the ones you see in the grocery store, they are much bigger. The size of a strawberry.

This is the direction I was headed. Nothing but raspberries as far as you can see.

Dani was inside John's house making raspberry jam from the berries they had picked earlier that morning. Yum. Mylie always wants to see what's cooking.

Monday morning Mylie and I picked blueberries in our yard. We have four blueberry bushes that Eric planted. We picked at least 2 and 1/2 cups of berries. Mylie wanted to help so I had to explain to her that we only pick the blue ones, not the green ones. There were more berries left that needed to be picked, but I could only bend over so long.

See how big they are. I think Eric is going to try to make blueberry jelly from them. Mylie and I ate a few when we came inside.

And for those of you wondering...no, our son still doesn't have a name.
2 comments:
Those Dinosaur pancakes look delicious, of course the they were more exciting to eat.. they were DINOSAURS!! I am glad that you are living so close to rick.. it seems like mylie really enjoys her cousins.. They are all so close in age.. It is so great that they are growing up together.. I second you guys getting that hammack.. Mylie look like she enjoyed it alot.. Perfect to take a short summer nap! LOL.. I am glad everything is going good.. Looks like fun.. I am sad that your belly was covered up in that picture... I want to see how big you are!!! Baby number two is coming!! I am so excited to see the new bundle of joy!!
That's what I wanted to ask: are you hiding the belly on purpose? I haven't seen any profile pictures!
Post a Comment